Cleanup Work Continues:
Lake Forest crews will continue cleanup efforts this week. Forestry Crews were out yesterday and will be out this week to continue with brush clean up and pickup along various public roadways.Power Outages:
ComEd reported that over 380,000 customers lost power due to severe storms that swept the area Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. As of 8:30 am on Thursday, August 12, 3,793 ComEd customers in Lake Forest have had power restored and 162 currently remain without power. ComEd crews have been on scene throughout the restoration period and will continue to work today to restore the remaining outages. ComEd estimates that all power should be restored by 3pm on Friday, August 13.
You can check the status of an outage at comed.com/map or by texting "STAT" to 26633 (COMED) for updated outage information. You may also report an outage at comed.com/report or by texting the word "OUT" to 26633 (COMED).
Elevated temperatures and humidity will continue in our area today. If you are without power, several cooling centers will be open throughout the day:
- East Train Station (701 N. McKinley)
- West Train Station (911 Telegraph)
- Lake Forest Recreation Center (400 Hastings Rd)
- Fire Station 2 (1111 Telegraph) – from 7 am – 3:30 pm
- Lake Forest Library (360 E. Deerpath)
- Lake Forest Schools Administrative Building/West Campus (300 S. Waukegan) – from 10 am - 4 pm
Brush Pickup/Downed Tree Reminders:
- “Report a Problem” feature in the Lake Forest Now App
- Calling 847.810.3544