City Operations Updates
- Playgrounds and restrooms at the parks - open
- Compost/Recycling Center (1381 W. Kennedy Road) - open with summer hours: Saturdays, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sundays, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- City Hall (220 E. Deerpath) - open
- East Side Train Station - Silver Lining Barber Shop, Slick Shine and restrooms are open. The Metra ticket office remains closed.
- Municipal Services Building (800 N. Field Drive) - open
- Telegraph Road Train Station - open (including AREA Coffee Shop and restrooms)
- Recreation Center (400 Hastings Road) - open to registered program participants
- Lake Forest Fitness Center (400 Hastings Road) - open with limitations
- Kinderhaven (400 Hastings Road) - open
- CROYA (400 Hastings Road) - open with limitations
- Dickinson Hall (100 E. Old Mill Road) - open by appointment; please call 847.234.2209
- Stirling Hall (80 E. Old Mill Road) - open with limitations
- Wildlife Discovery Center (1401 W. Middlefork Drive) - Outdoor Trail open
- Lake Forest Library (360 E. Deerpath) - open with limitations
- All Park Pavilions - closed through 2020
Continuity of City ServicesEven during Stage 4 of the Governor's Restore Illinois program, the City encourages residents to conduct business online, via email or phone when possible. As this is an ongoing and evolving situation, we will continue to share updates here, through email lists and on social media. Please sign up for E-News and Alerts here.
- Building Permits and Inspections
- Utility Billing, Real Estate Transfer Tax, Vehicle Stickers, Animal Licenses and Parking Permits
- Modified and Temporary Real Estate Transfer Tax Procedures
- Sanitation, Compost/Recycling Center
- Birth and Death Certificates, Special Event Permits, Landscape Licenses, One-Day Liquor Licenses, Solicitor Permits and Raffle Licenses. Click here to view a video of how to apply for a Birth or Death Certificate online.
- Freedom of Information Requests. Click here to view a video of how to fill out a FOIA Request form online.
- Wood chip delivery service available. The City offers free wood chip delivery to Lake Forest residents. Woodchip delivery doesn’t occur on an everyday basis, but are typically made on heavy rain days or if one of our tree removal crews are working in your area. The Forestry section will deliver small (3/4 yards) or large (8/10 yards) loads to your property, but will not leave a paved surface to dump. If interested, call 847-810-3564 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check on availability.
Cemetery Operations:Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020 the Lake Forest Cemetery Gatehouse will be closed to the public as we take precautionary measures to protect the health of our cemetery families and employees during the COVID-19 outbreak. Funerals will continue to proceed as scheduled under modified conditions following Governor Pritzker’s Executive order and recommendations of the CDC. Lake Forest Cemetery will keep the public informed as the Cemetery and the City of Lake Forest continue to assess the situation and update the Cemetery Gatehouse status based on changing conditions. During this time Cemetery personnel will only be responding to immediate need funeral related inquiries. Please be aware that non-funeral related inquiries will receive responses once the Cemetery Gatehouse office has re-opened following the quarantine. The Cemetery grounds located at 1525 N. Lake Road, will remain open as normal for visitors from 8:00am to 4:30pm daily.