The City of Lake Forest invests in capital planning every year, which includes road improvements, utility upgrades, and general maintenance of infrastructure. 2022 is an especially big year for Capital Improvement Projects!
Here’s a look at what’s planned:
- Bike Path Bridge Replacements - Illinois and Woodland Bridges (summer)
- Burr Oak Area Storm Sewer Improvement Project - storm sewer improvements, including installation of underground stormwater detention system called a StormTrap under N. Western Avenue near the condominium buildings and storm sewer upgrades that will help reduce flooding in the area. Visit the project webpage for more information.
- Deerpath Watermain Replacement and Improvement - replacing the watermain along Deerpath Rd between Ahwahnee Lane and Golf Lane (complete by early June)
- Everett & Waukegan Road - Metra Signal Upgrades and continuing with intersection design upgrades
- Forest Avenue Parking Lot Resurfacing – this project also includes the installation of two electric vehicle charging stations and a special stormwater quality structure
- Forest Park Bluff - installation of a bluff retaining wall (to begin after Labor Day 2022, expected completion by Memorial Day 2023)
- New Splash Pad at Townline Park (expected completion in late June)
- Waveland Park Parking Lot Resurfacing and Expansion (complete)
- ComEd Bridge Replacement - this is not a City project, but will impact residents when Deerpath Road will have intermittent lane closures and a complete closure for the new structure to be placed
Additionally, there will be asphalt street resurfacing and patching and concrete street repairs, as part of the annual programs.
Check out the Construction Project Map to see locations and additional details for the projects listed here.
While impacts will vary for each project, there will likely be increases in traffic and changing traffic patterns to accommodate the work. We appreciate your patience while we work to update the City’s infrastructure.
We’re grateful to be able to invest in these projects to make Lake Forest a great place for future generations.